Friday, September 16, 2005

Welcome to recordjerk!

I worked 14 years in record stores, 3 in a mom & pop and eleven at a major record retailer. I love music but customers drove me up the wall. Thus I was as much of a jerk as a I was a clerk, so I was a "recordjerk." But most customers are stupid and I can't help that.

Anyway, with the digital music revolution, I have embraced the new style and spend too much time listening and loading my iPod. I have a couple of thousand CDs and have put most of them on my iPod. One thing I notice when listening to songs on shuffle, my iPod has moods. I know it is just a electronic device, but sometimes it is amazing the string of songs it compiles. Just to get an idea of what I am talking about and what I like, here are the last 10 songs that came up on my iPod (set to shuffle):

1. "Slate" by Uncle Tupelo
2. "All Things Must Pass" by George Harrison
3. "Boogie With Stu" by Led Zeppelin
4. "We're Desperate" by X
5. "*******" by the Flaming Lips
6. "Saint Simon" by The Shins
7. "Silver and Gold" by Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros
8. "Acoustic Guitar" by Magnetic Fields
9. "Cirrus Minor" by Pink Floyd
10. "Jealous Guy" by John Lennon

Go figure out what this means.

I will check back in to see what my iPod is thinking about, but those are some of the 9,000+ songs I have on my 3rd generation, 40GB iPod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home