Wednesday, April 26, 2006

We Jam Econo on DVD

Alright, I know I'm a couple of days behind on this, but the good news, even great news, is that We Jam Econo, the wonderful documentary about the Minutemen is coming out on DVD through Plexifilm on June 27. Not only is it coming out on DVD, it is coming out as a deluxe two DVD set stuffed with all kind of mouth-watering extras. For complete information about this release, check out the Plexifilm site.

But I have to list the extras, which, as good as the documentary is, the extras are what has me most excited.

DISC 1:
- Feature "We Jam Econo - The Story of the Minutemen" (90min)
- Original music videos for: "This Ain't No Picnic" "Ack Ack Ack Ack" and "King of the Hill"
- 19 Deleted Scenes and Interviews
- Uncut Bard College Interview (56min)
- English Subtitles for the hearing impaired

DISC 2: 62 songs from three live performances:
- The Starwood Los Angeles, CA - November 18th, 1980 (Includes multi-angle feature)
- 9:30 Club Washington, D.C. - 1984
- Acoustic Blowout (Cable Access Show) - Hollywood, CA - 1985
- 16-page booklet with full color photos, flyers, filmmaker notes and liner notes by David Rees, creator of "Get Your War On".

I don't know about you, but I am in a very good mood this morning. Sixty-two live songs? Original music videos? I haven't seen "King of the Hill" since 1984 or something.

All I can say, is you should buy this DVD. Yes, this band could be your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home