Thursday, September 29, 2005

A Quick One While I'm Away

It's been a few days and I haven't had time to ruminate on anything. Too busy at work, too tired at home, but I didn't want to ignore my responsibilities. With that being said, I am looking forward to hearing the new Ryan Adams album and next week's Fiona Apple. When I get a chance, I will let you know what I think about both.

In the mean time, this is what my iPod is playing:

1. "Maggie Turns to Flies" by Robert Pollard
2. "Heliotrope" by the Geraldine Fibbers
3. "Though I Know She Lies" by Chris Bell
4. "Interest Positions" by Guided By Voices
5. "Ball of Twine" by Louis XIV
6. "Brass Buttons" by Gram Parsons
7. "Sunrise, Sunset" by Bright Eyes
8. "Sweet Sunshine" by Sonic Youth
9. "Frail and Bedazzled" by Smashing Pumpkins
10. "Recovering" by Robert Pollard

Interesting juxtaposition of "Sunrise, Sunset" and "Sweet Sunshine."

Also, #10, "Recovering," is from the forthcoming Robert Pollard album From A Compound Eye, one of his strongest releases in years. When it comes out next year, buy it. I will probably review it before its release.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home