Monday, January 08, 2007

Hall of Fame Silliness

I’m not even going to get into the discussion of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees. They all have their merits and I know the Stooges are better than any of them, but they won’t make it in again. So, now all we can hope for are some awkward moments with the Van Halen bunch. I mean David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar both being inducted? Along with estranged bassist Michael Anthony? Maybe Eddie will be a prick (as expected) and perform with Alex and Wolfie along with some random singer. The guy from the Bullet Boys is probably looking for a gig and they sort of lead the pack of VH wannabees.

Anyway, I have been listening to some new purchases pretty exclusively. I went to Amoeba last week and bought CDs by M. Ward, Neko Case, Pink Mountaintops, Bad Brains, Kinks, Flaming Lips, Dali’s Car, and Rilo Kiley, as well as downloading a collection of Stones rarities and getting a copy of a Roxy Music collection that only includes stuff from their first three albums. So that is what makes up the playlist I have been listening to. So here are the last ten songs:

1. "Outta My Head" by M. Ward
2. "Good Time Woman" by the Rolling Stones
3. "Death of a Clown" by the Kinks
4. "David Watts" by the Kinks
5. "Who’ll Be The Next In Line" by the Kinks
6. "Dead Man" by M. Ward
7. "Plastic Man, You’re the Devil" by Pink Mountaintops
8. "My First Plea" by the Rolling Stones
9. "The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch" by Brian Eno
10. "Jah Calling" by Bad Brains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home