Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Heard You Missed Me. Well, I'm Back.

Okay, it’s been a few days, five days to be exact, since my last post. But while I have been idle, I have not been lazy. I had a three-day weekend. Spent most of my time catching up on some television and setting up my new computer and just enjoying some time.

(While I’m thinking about my computer, can anyone explain how to install Mafia? I insert the second disc and it won’t even read it. Apparently, a lot of people have this same problem, but if anyone out there can help, I would like to play.)

So, anyway, my birthday is coming up and I was thinking of some reissues I would like.

1. Children of Nuggets – I have the other two editions of this series and have been mighty impressed and look forward to hearing the next generation. I have already asked my wife for this release.

2. Talking Heads reissues – While I wouldn’t mind have the boxset set of the complete remastered works of the Talking Heads, all I really need is the first five albums. I have very little interest in Little Creatures, True Stories or Naked. But the first five are amazing and everyone should own them. The only problem is the box is out, while the individual albums won’t be released until the new year. What is one to do?

3. Sonic Youth Goo deluxe edition – What can I say? I love Sonic Youth and love these deluxe editions. Dirty was a great start, but I really look forward to deluxe reissues of Daydream Nation and Sister.

See, the problem with shopping for me is that I buy most things I want as soon as they come out, especially new releases. I’ve already got the new Death Cab For Cutie, and the new Fiona Apple, and the new Franz Ferdinand, and the new Guided By Voices box set should be waiting on my doorstep tonight, and the "Bubble" soundtrack is on it’s way, and I am horrible to shop for.

That is the long and the short of it. In the meantime, here is what my iPod is playing:

1. "Breed" by Nirvana
2. "Lime House" by the Breeders
3. "Retard Girl" by Hole
4. "I Got You" by Jeff Tweedy (Lounge Ax 2/20/99)
5. "Be My Angel" by Mazzy Star
6. "Look Back In Anger" by David Bowie
7. "Round the Bend" by Beck
8. "Been a Son" by Nirvana (Paramount Theatre)
9. "Blinding Sun" by Mudhoney
10. "Give Me Some Truth" by John Lennon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home